CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #14

I thought I'd play along with a different challenge today.
This is the inspiration sketch.


I'm so over Valentines (which is a shame as it hasn't even happened yet) but this year I made cards to sell for the first time and, having made 30 cards, I'd happily not see another heart for a while.
I went for Spring/Summer colors as an escape from the endless white I can see outside.
The card seemed a bit too plain so I played with it a bit more but I'm never very good at the "twiddly" bits like brads and buttons.
I liked that I had the brads to echo the colors of the card stock and the horizontal line does add a nice feel, , but I'm not sure they're right.
But, heigh ho, that's why we do these challenges so we stretch ourselves a bit and, hopefully, get better.

Comments

  1. Ah the curse of the cardmaker - by the time the holiday comes around, we're sick of it! lol! Love your springy, fresh colours and the use of the brads add some lovely texture and shine! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment