MIM #105 - Glitter trim

This project so nearly didn't happen. I watched the video for glitter trim and couldn't think of a single card that I wanted to make with it.
However, over the weekend I was having a very tentative go at VSN on Splitcoast Stampers (great fun and very addictive) and came across a tutorial for "cracked glass" technique and the ideas just cascaded from there.
I cut the picture frame out with the Cricut "Elegent Edges" cartridge and then "glittered" it.
Of course I hadn't got any UTEE and, at 9pm on a Sunday, wasn't going to be able to pop out to get some so I used a very thick layer of glossy accents which promptly made the card warp but I'm working on the premise that it just adds to the aged effect on the picture. The picture frame is 3 layers of card stock so that held the glossy accents in place while it dried.

I was most of the way through the project before I remembered that, being a PTI project, I had to include one of their products so the Feel Better Soon sentiment is from the little labels set and cut out with the die of the same set.
I will also post this in the Birds, Bees and Creepy Crawlies VSN gallery on Splitcoast stampers. There were some really fun projects created so stop by and take a look.

Comments