Make It Monday #114: Blown Ink #3

This card is an attempt at the allusive "card my son deems acceptable to use for his friend's birthday". I never buy cards anymore for my use and have in fact managed to get other people to buy ones I have made but this is a niche I've never managed to fill.

I used distress inks for my previous attempts but found them a bit thick so they were a bit sluggish to blow around. I wanted some bright, primary colors which I don't have in re-inkers so I had to think of an alternative. These are food coloring that came in little dropper bottles and they worked brilliantly.
When I'd got the colors down it reminded me of graffiti so that inspired the arrows and chevrons (from PTI To You From Me). The banner is from Countdown additions with words from the same set and "happy harlequins" mini set. The yellow chevrons at the bottom are from "postmarks".
The numbers were cut out using the cricut cartridge "George". It would probably be better with some "spikier" numbers but you use what you have. A bit of black stitching and that's it.
I'm told that if we can't find anything in the shops he likes better then this will do. It may not sound like much but I'm counting this as a victory.

Comments

  1. "It will do" is high praise, indeed! Making a card for a 13 yr old boy certainly would be a challenge.... What a great idea to use food colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment