Simon says stamp Monday : Challenge - Tissue

I've been too busy to take part in many challenges recently (sounds familiar I'm sure) but when I saw this week's challenge on Simon Says Stamp, I knew I needed to find the time to have a go.

I have wanting to have a go at this technique for ages which is how I had a plain pillar candle ready and waiting.
This Tim Holtz stamp was the perfect fit - sizewise and sentiment-wise! I stamped it with brown staz-on and then coloured the tissue by pulling it through a few different distress stains.
I then attached the tissue to the candle using the heat tool to gently melt the wax until the tissue paper goes a bit shiny.

Comments

  1. Such a cool project! What a great idea! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool candle. I love this Tim stamp and the fact that you used the tissue technique to add it to the candle....very cool! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I would've never in a million years thought to add tissue paper to a candle! That was nothing short of brilliant! What a great take on our tissue challenge! I'm so glad you shared this little gem with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being chosen as one of the artists in our Designer Spotlight for the tissue challenge! This is such a very cool candle! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice. Not sure I have enough patience to try it but the end result is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment