12 tags - May

I have been wanting to play along with Tim Holtz's 12 tags of .... series for quite some time now but this month really inspired me to have a go.
I immediately saw it as an opportunity to create something to celebrate my son's final year at Middle School. He's had a fantastic year - from winning an essay contest and the school spelling bee to achieving top 5 for his cross country team. Math even made sense (most of the time). I couldn't be more proud of him. So instead of raiding my trinkets, I used some of his.
   
I tinted the base tag with Mustard seed, shabby shutters and peeled paint distress stains as the boy is into green at the moment. For the tiles I used a school report sheet from Authentique's Curiosity pad which seemed fitting!
My fabulous local craft store (Papercraft Clubhouse in Westbrook) opened a few boxes of newly delivered stock for me and found the shadowpress words. I used a black sharpie to define the impressed part even more.
I think I'm going to put it in a shadow box frame and give it to him as a surprise at the end of term. 

Comments

  1. Wonderful tag Sarah! What a lovely keepsake for your son and a great idea. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment