PTI July blog hop #1

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01a3fd392464970b-pi


I took the inspiration picture far too literally for this first card for the July blog hop at Papertrey Ink.
I fell in love with the painted background and set out to recreate it. I started with brown card, added a couple of layers of gesso and a couple of layers of sage distress paint. Once it was dry I scraped some of the paint off again to reveal the brown.
I then used one of the card sketches from this month's release for inspiration.
Having spent far to much time on the background I suppose it was only to be expected that the sentiment would smudge!








Comments

  1. great CAS card, love the banner & twine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exceptional bg! Looks like real aged wood. Isn't smudging the bain of a stamper's existence? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think th esmudge fits right in! Awesome background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you textured the background! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat background! I was wondering how people would re-create this and yours is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment