FMS #156

It has been an age since I played along with a Freshly made sketches challenge, but this week I had a little more time that usual.

I found this sketch really difficult to get a feel for. My first few attempts felt incredibly clunky with the 2 different strips at the bottom. I finally decided to ditch the idea of strips of card or even washi tape and to go instead with stamping.
I masked the areas I wanted to form the strips and made up a couple of blocks of pattern that way instead. I like this look much better.

Comments

  1. Well, this take on the sketch was worth the work! What a great interpretation! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the sweet butterfly and the way you've used the sentiment as the focal image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment