I started with a very cheap wooden frame that I'd bought years ago on one of my attempts to interest my son in making something for his Granny's birthday (I failed that time). I stained it with brushed corduroy stain as it was very light and then put sticky back burlap over the top.
Rather than use the found relatives I used my own! This is a picture of my Mum a very long time ago. I scanned it and then printed 2 at different sizes as I liked the way this looked. As far as I can remember I never saw her wearing pink - but she is now.
Rather than rub ons I stamped a few of the images from the postmarks set onto the photos using MFT steel grey ink (love this ink - my go to colour at the moment).
My roses aren't actually orange! I guess the brightness of the (orange) room I photographed them in must have messes with the colours a bit. Think more peachy-pink. I'd hoped to use some of the daisies but I need a few more practice attempts before they make it onto a project I'm going to photograph and share.
I wanted to use some of the words to personalise it even more so spelt out few phrases. Then I added my Mum's initials on the clips.
I can't believe the only thing stopping me from finishing this project is not being able to find a picture of my Mum and me together. However, I'm visiting my Dad over the summer so I'm hoping I'll find one there.