MIM #212

Ah fussy cutting - the reason I only buy stamps with matching dies.
However, I really wanted to play with the Garden Gild set that arrived today so I made an early wedding card for my sister.
I found I needed to use a metal cutting shim with this cover plate, but then it cut beautifully. I used a sponge dauber to add Autumn rose, sweet blush and aqua mist inks.
I stamped the sentiment and then added a couple of flowers before painstakingly cutting it out.
Then I popped the sentiment up with a bit of foam tape.

Comments

  1. Love the inking on the cover plate die cut! A beauty in itself, and your sentiment with flowers fussy cut is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Mine just arrived yesterday but haven't even taken it out of the package yet! Love how you sponged all the flowers...SO pretty! And thanks for the tip on needing the metal shim. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous. I have not received mine yet but anxious to get it. Love your soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this card is gorgeous. Well, I REALLY love how you added the little flowers to the sentiment before you did your fussy cutting. Very clever. Thanks for sharing that idea. I am sure your sister will love her wedding card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment