SAF Make it Work

I'm not sure this card, for the Make it work challenge , lives up to the title, but I've played about with it for so long now that I just don't know how else to try and tweak it.
It started life as a play with colours for Dawn's mix and match challenge. I found when you misted inks on the raised side of a grid block, the grid transferred to the smooshed image. Pretty neat. But then I wasn't sure how to use the result.
I eventually went with the "if all else fails emboss a simple image in black" approach and really liked the panel I was left with. But then what to do with that? Not this obviously - it just has too many disparate elements.
So I peeled off the word (carefully) to save the panel and started again.
To mimic the grid lines I got out the scor pal and scored a very simple 1/2 inch grid all over the base.
The hello is cut from the Wet paint die set and then topped with black enamel accents. The sentiment should be lower (easy to see when you step back), but it's going to have to do.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a nice redo. I like the 2nd card a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment