The inspiration picture at this month's Blog Hop at Papertrey ink really appealed to me.
I can sew a bit, so the idea of combining cards and embroidery sounded like a great plan. I didn't realise how much harder it would be to try and achieve a satin stitch on card. After an epic fail, I decided to find a way to cheat!
I'd originally intended to sew straight onto the card, but when that didn't work I covered a piece of card in scor tape and lay piece after piece of embroidery floss onto it, as close together as possible.
Before I mounted then to the card I stitched a couple of antenna, and wrapped some black embroidery floss around the centre of the butterfly. They're held in place with scor tape.
The sentiment is the new PTI Ombre sentiments. I nearly didn't get it but I'm so pleased I did. In fact, I'm hopeful this is just the first of a series of similar stamps for different occasions.