PTI Anniversary 2018 - Transformation challenge

I have a bunch of cards that sit in a tub on my desk. Cards that I don't like quite enough to use but aren't so awful that I feel justified in just throwing them away. So this was the obvious place to look for a card for this challenge, from day 3 of Papertrey Ink's anniversary celebrations.
This was the start point


I love a nice water colour background, and the candle flames came out really well, but the sentiment got a bit lost, so here's the rework.
Same layout, but flipped to landscape. This time instead of die cutting the candles I masked them on the card base and sponged inks over the top. The sponged background isn't as impactful as the watercolous, but the candles feel a bit more understated this time, helping the sentiment stand out.. By cutting the panel a little smaller the mat also works better. This card might even get used!

Comments

  1. Very thoughtful transformation. It works SO WELL. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment