PTI March Blog Hop

This month's Blog Hop at Papertrey ink had one of the prettiest inspiration pictures in ages. As a result I stuck pretty close to the original with my card.


I started off making the background, trying to get some of the variation in the wooden table. Starting with spring rain card stock I swiped the blueberry sky ink pad over the top to give  good mottled covering. Then I sponged enchanted evening and dark indigo ink through the small floral stencil of the woodblock prints set, and finally spritzed the ink on the stencil and pressed that into the cardstock. I love that you can just about make out the pattern, without it being too obvious.

Using the nest die from a recent My Monthly Hero kit I then built a bouquet using Sprig and spruces and Beautiful Berries - spring sets. It is finished with a tag and sentiment from Tiny tags.

 

Comments

  1. Your card is adorable. I love the colors and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background is amazing! Love the arrangement and stamps you used to create your bouquet! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background, love your inspiration from this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my good golly, Sarah, this is one gorgeous card! Had to read through to see how you did the bg. It's so rustic. And your lovely nested arrangement, just pastel gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You even found a basket nest! what an awesome card and stunning. background !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing background and design. I also used the same nest for my card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! I really like your background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love your pretty background and the gorgeous nest of berries and greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that nest die...and your fillers! Beautiful take on this month’s blog hop inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just lovely Sarah!! Your background is SO pretty and I had to enlarge the photo to see all the goodness you were talking about with the stenciling...LOVE it!! And your nest of florals is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love that basket of lovely and cool background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! It's nice to see someone else was focusing on what jumped out at me--LOVE the direction you went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on your background - love the basket of pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning and creative card!! So many wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love how you created the texture in your background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect! Lovely card; great for this month's inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment